Site last updated 5/Feb/13
ATTENTION RESIDENTS WHO
OWN OR HARBOUR CATS
VILLAGE OF LIPTON CAT BYLAW
- No license is required to own or harbor a cat. Two FREE cat tags per household shall be available for pick up at the Village Office.
- No person shall be permitted to own, possess or HARBOUR more than 2 cats at one time.
- No cat shall be allowed to run at large - must be leashed or in a cat run.
- The animal protection officer shall receive and detain any cat which has a cat tag found at large or caught in a cat trap for a period of 72 hours. Any cat detained that does not have a tag, will immediately be relocated or disposed of in a humane manner.
- When a cat has defecated on public property, or private property, without the consent of the owner of the property, the owner of the cat shall immediately remove the defecation.
- A person, who has been bothered by a cat being at large, may apply to the Administrator to request that a cat trap be placed on their property.
|Impoundment Fee:||$50.00||For more information:|
Contact the Village Office
|Allowing a cat to be at large:||$50.00|
|Failure to remove defecation:||$50.00||Village of Lipton Council|
Bylaw 3, 2010
Effective: Nov. 3, 2010
|Failure to comply with order|
of animal protection officer: